- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh chile paste
- 1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms – chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers – chopped
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Arrange tofu in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; broil 14 minutes or until golden.
- While tofu cooks, combine broth and next 4 ingredients (through black bean sauce), stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salt and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to release liquid, stirring occasionally. Stir in carrots and ginger; cook 1 minute. Add broth mixture; cook 30 seconds or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in tofu and onions. Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutritional Information (Amount per serving)
Calories 389 Fat 14.3 g Satfat 2.1 g Monofat 5.5 g Polyfat 6.2 g Protein 17.2 g Carbohydrate 51.6 g Fiber 2.4 g Cholesterol 0.0 mg Iron 4 mg Sodium 619 mg Calcium 92 mg